Saturday, January 1, 2022

Greetings Pastor Samuel Bailey Wilson, III

 Dear Members,

How can one begin to thank God for the excellent privilege of serving members such as you? I always knew I was called to be a pastor, but I could never have imagined that God would call me to be the shepherd of this flock. I have had a wonderful journey, that I embraced wholeheartedly.

The past 21 years have been such a great journey and adventure. We are on a journey to follow the example of the Acts church of the Bible, and I focus on the vision God has and is giving me for the church, the goals that we have set for the church and the goals I have set for myself. I am so appreciative for your support, hugs, kisses, smiles, gifts, encouragement, comments, complaints, critiques, love, and most importantly your prayers. Seeing your growth as a body and as individual Christians has been my greatest joy. It is very affirming to see your love for Jesus Christ consistently grow and show.

The Christian life is a journey. The road can be difficult, and we get tired and frustrated. Sometimes, we even get discouraged and consider quitting our journey, thereby foregoing our God given purpose. In times like these, I am glad to say that our church serves as burden bearers for each other, helping each other grow, move forward, and continue on the journey. God always sends us friends, companions, and family to help us on our journey. Each one of you have become not only my friend and compassion, but my family, and I am grateful for that.

As we focus on EMBRACING THE JOURNEY this year, let us be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. I am here to travel with you as you go our your journey and I am grateful that you are here to travel with me. Let's have a FUN ADVENTURE, filled with JOY, where we focus on our PURPOSE, remain true to our FAITHFULNESS, despite the ANXIETY, FEAR, GRIEF, PAIN; adhering to godly WISDOM, maintaining the HOPE we have in Jesus, which ultimately leads to VICTORY.

Here's to an excellent 2022. May God bless each one of you. As you follow the example set example set by the Apostles: preaching, teaching, fellowship, and prayer.

In Christ,
Pastor Samuel Bailey Wilson, III